|NOTES : ||Load Vader is a small utility designed to help loading tapes. It works on ROM 1.1 only.|
It will display the parity errors from the audio signal, live while the program is loading. The source of the audio signal can be a tape or a WAV file, MP3...
The program will show the memory location of the faulty byte, and its (faulty?) value, for instance: |08C5-A3|
It will also display all the information to save the program once loaded (start/end addresses, name, ...)
Three TAP files are available:
[LoadVaderIntro.tap]: detailed instructions
[Load_Vader_0400.tap]: Load Vader program, located in memory in #400
[Load_Vader_BA00.tap]: Load Vader program, located in memory in #BA00 (Hires screen)
Use the #400 or #BA00 program according to the program you want to CLOAD, so it doesn't crush Load Vader. Oricians using a floppy disk drive should avoid the #400 version, too, or disconnect their floppy drive.
You can use Load Vader:
- to check the health of your tapes
- to test the quality of your audio settings before loading tapes
- to locate WHEN a error occurs while the tape is playing
- to locate where in memory the error has occured
- to save the program if it was loaded correctly!
- to verify that a WAV file you've made from a tape is correct or faulty